Submitted by Stacey
- 1 1/4 cup currants
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup prunes
- 3/4 cup sherry
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 2 1/3 cups breadcrumbs
- 14 tablespoons grated vegetable shortening ( or 1 block of Copha if in aus)
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- I processed the dry fruits to chop lightly (but that is personal preference), then add to a bowl with the sherry.
- Leave for approx. 1 week covered in cling wrap (on the bench or in the fridge).
- After leaving for a week to sit then add the rest of your ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Sit the fruit mix in the bowl on a saucepan on the stove top to warm. Add the fruit mix to the other ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into your pudding bowl, I used a silicone one lightly sprayed with spray and cook and put pudding bowl lid on. Put 2/3 cup of water in slow cooker and put lid on slow cooker with no tea towel needed.
- Cook for 5 hours on low take out and wrap gently in a tea towel.
- Place back into pudding bowl when preparing to serve for the last 3 hours of cooking repeating same cooking process.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think