Submitted by Edward Franchuk
Potato and Cheddar Soup
- 1.5 cups or so pureed pumpkin--optional
- I bag frozen hash-brown potatoes
- 1 box low-sodium chicken broth (or beef or vegetable)
- 1 can low-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 package light cream cheese
- 1 packet (3 oz) bacon bits
- 1 cup shredded old cheddar
- Add to the slow cooker in the order listed (but it's not that important), giving it a good stir to integrate everything about half-way through. No tea towel.
- I found a plastic margarine tub full of pureed pumpkin in the freezer, and I threw that in before everything else. Can't taste the pumpkin, but I imagine it made it a lot thicker and contributed substantially to the colour.
- Cook for 8hrs on low
- Love this recipe: even the measuring is all done for you! And it tastes like wow!
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think