Submitted by Katy Kat
Chilli con carne Soup
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g steak mince
- 400g tin pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 700ml water and 2 chicken stock pots
- 1 tsp crushed dried chillies
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp spicy chipotle chilli paste
- 150ml red wine
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp oregano
- 200g jar red jalapenos drained
- Fresh coriander and grated Gruyere cheese to serve
- **optional – 2 squares of dark chocolate (I do not add this as I personally DO NOT like the flavour but many others do)
- Brown the mince, onion and garlic in the veg oil for five minutes then add to the SC.
- Add all the other ingredients, except the jalapenos, fresh coriander and cheese (if using the chocolate add it now also). I also seasoned with salt and course ground black pepper.
- I cooked this on high for one hour then low for 9 hours (you could do less but I just left it on low until hubby was home).
- Add the jalapenos about an hour before serving.
- Serve topped with the fresh coriander, grated Gruyere cheese and black pepper with fresh bread for dipping.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!