Submitted by Katy Kat
Sausages in rich red wine and onion gravy
- 16 pork sausages
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large brown onions, sliced
- 1 large (or 2 small) red onion, diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 rich beef stock pots
- 600ml water
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Large glug (or two) of red wine
- 2 tsp cornflour mixed with cold water to make a paste
- Brown the sausages off in a pan then add to the slow cooker.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan (wipe it clean first after cooking off the sausages) and add the sliced brown onion, add salt and pepper to the onions, saut for about 5 mins then add to the sausages in the sc.
- Add the red onion and garlic to the pan with a good glug or two of red wine and saut for a few mins then add the stock pots, water, tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce and cook for about 3 mins.
- Add the cornflour paste to the pan and cook for 2 mins until the sauce has thickened then add the sauce to the sc. Cook on low for about 6 hours.
- I served them with sauted potatoes with herbs
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think