Chilli Beans – Vegetarian
Awesome with Corn Chips or on a Flat bread
- 5L slow cooker
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely diced
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 1 Red capsicum, diced
- 2 Tbs Tomato paste
- 1.5 Tsp Chilli powder
- 2 Tsp Ground cumin
- 2 Tbs Smoked paprika
- 1 Tsp Dried oregano
- 1 Dried bay leaf
- 2 x 420 gram Cans black beans, rinsed
- 420 gram Can chickpeas, rinsed
- 420 gram Can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of Vegetable Stock (250ml)
- 1/2 Lime, juiced, plus extra wedges to serve
- Sour cream, Avocado, Tasty Cheese & Corn Chips to serve.
- Heat oil in large frypan over med heat, add onion & cook for 8 mins or so.Add garlic, carrot & capsicum, then cook for a further 8 mins or until capsicum has softenedAdd tomato paste, spices & oregano, then cook stirring for 3 mins or until fragrant.
- Transfer mixture to slow cooker
- Add bay leaf, beans, chickpeas, tomatoes & stock, stirring to combine.
- Cover with lid, cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Stir in Lime juice.
- Divide mixture amongst bowls, then top with Sour cream, Avocado & Cheese.
- Serve with Corn Chips & extra Lime Wedges
- It seriously takes no time at all and is absolutely Delish 😋😋
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
2 thoughts on “Chilli Beans – Vegetarian”
Great no meat dish. I reduced
to 1/2tsp of chilli powder. I had a bottle of store bought lime juice so.this is what I added unto the dish at end of cooking. I used fresh limes as per recipe to serve. Overall a yummy meal with a Spicy kick! Enjoyed this one
Great suggestion Tracey re the lime juice – I buy lemon in the bottle as a back up to fresh but didn’t realise you could get lime too!