Submitted by Robyn Clark
Chicken , Sundried Tomato and Bacon with Homemade Potato Gnocchi
- 500 - 700 g. Chicken tenderloins or thigh fillets , cut into cube size.
- 1 diced onion.
- 4-6 rashers bacon , cut into small pieces
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic ( or 3 cloves fresh)
- 1-2 teaspoons chilli ( depends on your taste or can be left out)
- 1/2 cup chopped Sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes ( slice in half)
- Feta cheese
- Large bottle cream
- 1 packet baby spinach
- 3 medium to large potatoes , l
- 1 egg,
- 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese ( fresh or powdered)
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour + extra
- Fry off the garlic and onion. When the onion is clear add the bacon and chilli and lightly fry. Transfer to your SC.
- Add the chicken ,cherry tomatoes, Sundried tomatoes and 1/2 cup of the cream.
- Cook on low for approx 3 hours until the chicken is soft.
- Add the rest of the cream and then the spinach on top and then some small cubes of feta.
- Cook a further 1 hour on low or until the spinach has wilted .
- Mix altogether and serve over the gnocchi . ( the gnocchi can be added to the SC when you add the spinach to cook in the juice but I've found doing this you have to add more cream, so I cook it separate )
- To make the Potato Gnocchi:
- 3 medium to large potatoes , leave skin on and boil until soft.
- When cool , peel off the skin and mash , add 1 egg and a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese ( fresh or powdered)
- Place approx 1 1/2 cups plain flour on a board and gradually knead in the potato mix. Add more flour until the dough is just manageable . The trick to good gnocchi is to just add enough flour to roll out into sausage shapes , dough should be slightly sticky. Cut small pillow shapes and place on a lightly floured board.
- Add to pot of boiling salted water and cook for one to two mins past the time they float to the top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!