Submitted by Robyn Clark
Chicken , Sundried Tomato and Bacon with Homemade Potato Gnocchi
- 500 - 700 g. Chicken tenderloins or thigh fillets , cut into cube size.
- 1 diced onion.
- 4-6 rashers bacon , cut into small pieces
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic ( or 3 cloves fresh)
- 1-2 teaspoons chilli ( depends on your taste or can be left out)
- 1/2 cup chopped Sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes ( slice in half)
- Feta cheese
- Large bottle cream
- 1 packet baby spinach
- 3 medium to large potatoes , l
- 1 egg,
- 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese ( fresh or powdered)
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour + extra
- Fry off the garlic and onion. When the onion is clear add the bacon and chilli and lightly fry. Transfer to your SC.
- Add the chicken ,cherry tomatoes, Sundried tomatoes and 1/2 cup of the cream.
- Cook on low for approx 3 hours until the chicken is soft.
- Add the rest of the cream and then the spinach on top and then some small cubes of feta.
- Cook a further 1 hour on low or until the spinach has wilted .
- Mix altogether and serve over the gnocchi . ( the gnocchi can be added to the SC when you add the spinach to cook in the juice but I've found doing this you have to add more cream, so I cook it separate )
- To make the Potato Gnocchi:
- 3 medium to large potatoes , leave skin on and boil until soft.
- When cool , peel off the skin and mash , add 1 egg and a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese ( fresh or powdered)
- Place approx 1 1/2 cups plain flour on a board and gradually knead in the potato mix. Add more flour until the dough is just manageable . The trick to good gnocchi is to just add enough flour to roll out into sausage shapes , dough should be slightly sticky. Cut small pillow shapes and place on a lightly floured board.
- Add to pot of boiling salted water and cook for one to two mins past the time they float to the top.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think