Submitted by Denise Roberts
Chicken Cacciatore Pies
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 Carrot, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Salt Reduced Chicken Stock Liquid (250g)
- 250g Lean Chicken Breast, cut into 2cm pieces
- 200g Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Cornflour
- 1/2 Sheets Frozen Puff Pastry (Vegetable Oil), thawed slightly
- Add chicken, onion, carrot and mushrooms to slow cooker.
- Combine tomato paste, stock, cornflour and garlic and then pour over chicken.
- Cook for 3 hrs on low.
- Set aside to cool, then divide between two 1 cup (250ml) capacity ovenproof dishes.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Cut pastry into 2 squares. Place pastry over top of each dish and press around edges to seal. Cut a slit in center.
- Place dishes on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Note: Cooked in 5.5L Contempo SC which cooks at a higher heat. Times may vary.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think