Submitted by Melodie Tapp
Pea n Ham Soup
- 1 ham hock
- 1 rack smoked pork bones
- 2 carrots-roughly chopped
- 2 onions-diced
- 1 bag split peas (500g)
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 ltr chicken/beef or vegetable stock
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Water to fill the slow cooker
- Rinse the spilt peas under water.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 10hrs.
- One hour before serving take hock and bones out to shred meat and toss skin and bones
- I blitz the remaining ingredients(or you can leave unblitzed)before putting the meat back in
- Return shredded meat to sc
- Makes lots of leftovers that freeze and reheat great.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!