Submitted by John Walter
Chicken and Pumpkin Rice
- 2kg Chicken pieces (I used thigh but any should be ok)
- 1pkt French Onion soup
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 Large brown onion chopped
- 10 Mushrooms(I expect these to cook down though)
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 can Cream of Pumpkin soup
- 1/2 can of Water
- 1 cup of Brown Rice
- Cut chicken into whatever size pieces you want, put into a bag and coat with flour and french onion soup packet then put it into the slow cooker.
- Slice capsicum, mushrooms and chop up the onion and put it in the slow cooker with the chicken.
- Mix soup with 1/2 can of water pour into slow cooker.
- After 6 hours on low mix through 1 cup of rice and leave on low for the last hour.
- If you want to thicken the sauce a little you can leave the lid off the slow cooker for the last 30-45 minutes of cooking.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think