Submitted by Chelsea Limmer
- 12 chicken thigh cutlets, skin removed (I used chicken breast)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 200g greek yoghurt
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 45g butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic crushed, chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 400g canned crushed tomatoes
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/3 cup pouring cream
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup loosely packed coriander
- 1. Combine chicken, lemon juice and chilli powder in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. (While that is cooling. Prepare the rest of the recipe)
- 2. Stir in yoghurt, ginger and half of the garam masala into chicken mixture.
- 3. Heat butter and oil in a frying pan; cook chicken, in batches, until browned all over, stirring, until onions soften. Add remaining garam masala and ground spices; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Remove from heat; stir in tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, stock, honey and cinnamon. Transfer to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low for 4 hours.
- Stir in cream, season to taste.
- Serve topped with ricotta and coriander leaves.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think