Submitted by Laura O’Regan
Clotted Cream Fudge
- 275g unrefined caster sugar
- 100g golden syrup
- 227g tub of clotted cream (I used roddas)
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) vanilla extract
- Put all ingredients into SC and cook on low,lid off. It took approx. 4 hours on LOW to cook (I have a morphy Richards 3.5l slow cooker - cooking time may vary with others)
- Stir it every 10 minutes - if you drop a small amount in a bowl of water it should become a soft ball - youtube has a video on what it should look like in soft ball form
- Once cooked (I transferred it to another bowl) it should be thin and shiny. Give it a good beat and it will become thick, grainy & matt in appearance.
- Ideally you need a 20cm square pan greased (although I couldn't find one and had to use a 7" round tin)
- I left it to cool on the side and then put it in the fridge to set a bit quicker.
- Score into chunks when set & and when fully set transfer to airtight container.
- **Please bare in mind this is a british recipe using clotted cream - unsure of the availability in other countries - although there is a recipe for clotted cream on pinterest.**
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think