Submitted by Yvonne Tracy Briant
Buffalo and Vegetable Stew
- 700g Diced Buffalo meat
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 stalks celery
- Bag of diced carrot and swede
- 3 large tomato’s chopped or 1 can chopped tomato’s
- 8 medium sized chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- Ground black pepper
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 6 small potato’s halved
- 1 cup red wine
- 600ml low sodium beef stock
- Splash of Worchester sauce.
- Spray a skillet pan with light oil cooking spray, brown buffalo meat over a medium heat, place all other ingredients in the slow cooker and add the meat last, followed by the stock and wine.
- Cook on low for around 7 hours, I had to finish mine on high for about 2 hours with the last hour with the lid off so the gravy could thicken.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think