Submitted by Nikki Willis
Beef and Broccoli
- 500g beef
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup soy (I used kecap manis but not an overly sweet and sticky one as out of soy)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic crushed
- Broccoli - as much as you want
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- Slice beef approx 5mm thick
- Mix the rest of the ingredients from beef stock through to garlic together and place in the slow cooker.
- Place the beef in and gently toss it in the sauce.
- After 3hrs on low mix the cornflour with a little water then 4 Tbsp of the sauce, blend well and then add to the slow cooker.
- Add your broccoli and stir gently.
- Cook for approx 30 minutes more.
- Serve with rice.
- Recipe by Nikki Willis Photo courtesy of Maria Mihailidis
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think