Submitted by Cath McGraw
- 1 kg green tomatoes
- 3 onions
- Vinegar (enough to cover chopped vegetables)
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 cup honey or golden syrup
- 12 cloves
- 12 peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1tablespoon curry power
- 3 tablespoon cornflour
- Chop tomatoes and onions sprinkle with salt and cover with vinegar, let stand overnight.
- Put on high and add all other ingredients EXCEPT cornflour .
- When it comes to the boil reduce to low .
- After 5 hours mix cornflour with liquid out of the mix
- In a cup then add to slow cooker,
- When cooked put in clean warm jars with tigh fitting lid
- Makes approximately 1 litre
- ** you can add beans cauliflower etc if you wish and adjust curry and mustard to suit your taste **
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think