Submitted by Louise Finch
Banana chocolate chip cake pudding with magic chocolate sauce
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or more if you want it very chocolatey!) or chopped up chocolate of your choice
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups
- Butter/oil inside of slow cooker with cooking spray or Pyrex dish that will fit in your sc.
- Mix flour, caster sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Stir in milk, oil and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix in banana and chocolate chips until evenly distributed. It needs to be a firm batter to hold the chips in so that they don't sink to the bottom during cooking. Add more flour if too runny.
- Pour batter evenly in dish or slow cooker.
- Mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa in small bowl. Stir in hot water until smooth. Pour evenly over batter in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes or until skewer inserted in center comes out clean (bar the chocolate sauce!)
- Turn off slow cooker. Let cake stand uncovered 30 to 40 minutes to cool slightly before serving.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think