If you love sweet potato like me, you’ll LOVE these!
Submitted by Paulene Christie
Baked Sweet Potato Eggs
If you love sweet potato like me, you'll LOVE these!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- Cracked black pepper & salt to taste
- Cut sweet potatoes in half length ways
- Place cut halves (cut side up) in slow cooker bowl
- I cook them directly on the base of a non ceramic slow cooker. If using a ceramic bowl I would elevate them on a trivet over 1-2 cm of water.
- Cook on high for approx 1hr 45mins or until tender
- Take sweet potato carefully out of slow cooker and scoop out enough sweet potato flesh to allow room to crack an egg into each hollow
- Place sweet potatoes back into slow cooker THEN crack an egg in each
- Top with salt and pepper to taste
- Replace lid and cook for further 20mins or until egg is done to your liking
- This was great as lunch just by itself but you could also serve it with a side salad or grilled mushrooms
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!