Submitted by Chelsea Limmer
Bacon, mushroom and leek Risotto.
- 2 cups of arborio rice
- 1 leek, white and most of green, chopped finely
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves crushed, chopped
- 350g bacon diced
- 2 cups chicken stock, plus another 2 cups during cooking process
- Salt and pepper
- In a frying pan, melt butter, add leek. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and bacon. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and mushrooms. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Add 2 cups of stock to a warmed slow cooker on low.
- Add risotto mixture.
- Cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes on Low
- Keep an eye on the mixture. Stir every 15 minutes or so. If it starts looking dry, add about 1/4 cup of extra stock until the cooking process is complete.
- Once cooked, add freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
1 thought on “Bacon, mushroom and leek Risotto.”
Delicious! Have made this a few times and is a family fave. Love adding chicken also if I have it on hand.