Submitted by Cheryl Barrett
French Onion Steak
- French Onion Soup (dry pkt mix)
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 -3 x onions chopped in slices 1-2 cm thick
- 3 rump or scotch fillet (woolies heart smart steak)
- 1x tomato
- Salt and pepper
- Worcestershire sce (few drops)
- Place sliced onion on bottom of slow cooker bowl, with a good sploosh of stock.
- Sear seasoned steak in frypan.
- Remove steak and coat liberally with French onion soup.
- Place in slow cooker with knob of butter either side and sliced tomato on top of steak.
- 1 hour High +3-4 hours Low
- Remove steak and add gravy to thickens I turn back up to high with few drops Worcestershire sauce (optional).
- Then serve with either mash potato or potato bake and veg or corn on cob.
- Pour gravy over and devour ?
- Most importantly enjoy ?
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think