Submitted by Sarah
Bacon and Tomato Strata
- 250g Bacon (approx)
- 1 Capsicum (I used green)
- 1 tsp dried Rosemary
- 12 slices of white bread (crust removed, cut into quarters)
- 1 1/2 cups grated Swiss Cheese
- 250g punnet Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 2 cups Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Grease bowl of a 5.5L slow cooker. Cook bacon and capsicum in a frypan for about 5 minutes. Add rosemary.
- Sprinkle 1/3 bread on base of SC, then 1/2 bacon mix and 1/3 cheese, then 1/4 tomato.
- Repeat with 1/2 the remaining bread, the rest of the bacon mix, 1/3 of the tomato and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Cover with remaining bread.
- Whisk eggs, milk, cayenne pepper and paprika together, then pour over all ingredients.
- Add remaining tomatoes and cheese on top.
- Cook for 3 hours on high.
- The original recipe called for chorizo, however, we don't like it so used the bacon and spices instead.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think