Submitted by Kylie Paplauskas
1.5L Fried Rice
- Peanut oil – to pre fry selected ingredients
- ½ cup white rice (rinsed)
- ½ of a beef stock cube, dissolved in 1½ cups hot water
- ¼ small brown onion – finely diced
- 2 small cloves garlic – finely diced
- 1 egg – whisked
- ¼ cup (heaped) frozen peas and corn
- 2 rashers bacon – diced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- ½ teaspoon oyster sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Sesame oil
- OPTIONAL: serve with finely sliced spring onions
- Put stock in slow cooker set to HIGH.
- Whisk the egg fry them, and allow to cool, Cut into small strips – set aside
- Cook bacon in fry pan until crispy – set aside
- Cook onion and garlic in fry pan until golden – set aside
- Heat raw rice and peanut oil in hot saucepan until rice gets golden brown constantly stirring.
- Add to the saucepan Soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, veggies, bacon, onion and garlic. Mix to combine and add it to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 45mins WITH A TEATOWEL 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!