No browning of the meat needed and no fuss. Just chuck it all in and walk away.
Simple, easy and delicious.
Submitted by Nikki Boyd
Tomato and Red Wine Lamb Shanks
No browning of the meat needed and no fuss. Just chuck it all in and walk away. Simple, easy and delicious.
- 4 shanks
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roughly chop the vegetables and place them in the bottom on the slow cooker.
- Put Shanks on top.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on low for 7 - 8 hours.
- About 5 hours in I removed the Shanks and blitzed the sauce so the veg would thicken it then placed Shanks back in until cooked.
- Serve with mash and green vegetables of your choice.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think