A tasty Texas BBQ shredded chicken packed with flavour! Perfect for use on baked potato, on pasta, on pizza, on burgers … on anything you can think of!
Submitted by Paulene Christie
Texas BBQ Shredded Chicken
A tasty Texas BBQ shredded chicken packed with flavour! Perfect for use on baked potato, on pasta, on pizza, on burgers ... on anything you can think of!
- 700g skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 40g BBQ Spice Rub (I use McCormick Grill Mates 'Smokin Texas BBQ Rub' but there are many versions in teh spice aisle you could choose from)
- 1 red onion fine diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 250ml chicken stock
- Add whole, raw chicken fillets to slow cooker
- Add spice rub, onion and garlic and mix well to coat chicken
- Pour over the chicken stock
- Cook on low for 4hrs
- Shred chicken (it will absorb the liquid when you do this)
- Serve on baked potato, on pizza, on pasta, in salads, on burgers ... on anything you like!
- So versatile, family friendly and budget friendly too!
- Search Baby Baked Potato or Jacket Potato on our website for how to slow cook them too 🙂
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
1 thought on “Texas BBQ Shredded Chicken”
Delicious, served it with baked potatoes with crispy skin and sour cream. Very yummy