Submitted by Simon Christie
Slow Cooker Finger Paints (non toxic)
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup cornflour/cornstarch
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- Food colouring drops - red, yellow, blue, green
- Combine first four ingredients
- Add to slow cooker and cook on HIGH for approx 30mins or until thickened - use tea towel under lid
- Stir occasionally while cooking
- When nicely thickened to paint consistency, spoon into storage bottles (baby food jars are great)
- Add 6 drops of each colour to each jar - except for red which needed 25 drops to achieve a rich colour
- Add lids tightly to bottles and shake each bottle vigorously to mix colour through paint.
- Various colours can of course be created by mixing different food colours in each jar.
- *Optional* - Add glitters to each jar for extra sparkle 🙂
- Store sealed, in refrigerator. If paint get's too thick over time just add a dash of water and shake vigorously to disperse.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!