Submitted by Paulene Christie
Slow Cooked Sweet Honey Carrots
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- Juice of half a small lemon
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Add peeled, sliced carrots to slow cooker bowl
- Add butter, sugar, honey and lemon juice over carrots
- Stir to combine, cover and cook for 2hrs on HIGH
- I used 1.5L slow cooker, times may vary between machines, so cook until tender
- Drain and reserve liquid.
- Place carrots in serving bowl, spoon 2-3 tablespoons of reserved liquid over carrots, sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!