Yummy Mexican chicken for enchiladas – and an easy rice side-dish using the leftover sauce!
Submitted by Hayley
Shredded Chicken For Enchiladas
Yummy Mexican chicken for enchiladas - and an easy rice side-dish using the leftover sauce!
- 750g chicken thighs
- 1 sachet taco spice mix
- 350mL passata
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
Optional extras for enchiladas
- 10 small tortillas
- 1 jar enchilada sauce
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Place first 5 ingredients in slow cooker except corn.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Shred the chicken and add corn.
Optional instructions to make enchiladas with your chicken (oven)
- Spray oil in a baking dish and microwave tortillas on high for 30 seconds.
- Coat the bottom of a baking dish with a few spoonfuls of enchilada sauce. Spread the tortillas out on a clean work space and spoon chicken mixture evenly amongst tortillas. Fold over filling, place enchiladas in dish with seam side down. Spoon more enchilada sauce over the top (use about half of the jar) and sprinkle on the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 180•C oven until cheese melts.
- Garnish with sour cream, guacamole and shallots.
- Serve with salad and mexican rice (using the other half of the enchilada sauce!)
Optional Mexican Rice
- Stir remaining 1/2 jar of enchilada sauce through 2 cups of cooked rice with frozen peas and corn. Reheat and eat!
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think