Submitted by Wayne GATT
muffin jam donuts
- Ingredients 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup caster sugar, plus 1/2 cup extra to coat
- 80ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 175ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp good-quality strawberry jam
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Grease a 6-hole silicone muffin pan.
- Sift the flour into a medium bowl
- Add a pinch of salt and the caster sugar.
- In a jug, combine the vegetable oil, egg, milk and vanilla extract.
- Add to the dry mixture and stir to only just combine.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture in each muffin hole and make an indent in the centre.
- Fill each indent with a generous 1/2 teaspoon of strawberry jam.
- Cover the jam with the remaining muffin mixture.
- Place the silicone muffin tray elevated with a wire rack into cooker
- Cook for an hour on HIGH in the with a tea towel under the lid
- Remove from the cooker and allow to cool a bit.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter.
- Combine the extra sugar and the cinnamon in a large bowl.
- When the muffins are cool enough to handle, brush each muffin with the melted butter
- Roll in the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve while still a little warm.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
2 thoughts on “muffin jam donuts”
Made these this morning in cupcake size and turn out fantastic mixture made 11
These were really easy to make and turned out nicely, we used silicone cases. They were delicious.