Submitted by Kym
Massaman Beef Curry
- 700g chuck beef, diced
- 4 potatoes, cut into rough chunks
- 1 onion, roughly cut
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 270ml coconut cream
- 1/4 cup Massaman curry paste (I like the Aldi brand!)
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 Tblsp brown sugar
- 1 Tblsp fish sauce
- Fresh lime
- Put cut potatoes, cut onions & beef into slow cooker.
- In a fry pan, pour in coconut cream & coconut milk, cook stirring until it starts bubbling.
- Add curry paste & work in to get rid of the lumps.
- Add bay leaves, cardamom pods & cinnamon stick & cook until fragrant.
- Pour mixture into slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-8hrs or high for 4-5hrs (I have a 6L sc).
- Once cooking is finished, stir in brown sugar & fish sauce.
- Add more brown sugar or fish sauce if needed to adjust to your own taste.
- Serve with steamed rice, naan bread & make sure you squeeze some fresh lime over it to finish off the flavour.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!