Submitted by Christine Keevers
Mac and Cheese for One
- 1 cup Macaroni - Uncooked
- 20gm butter
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup grated Colby Cheese
- Pinch chilli powder (optional)
- Shake of pepper
- 1 tsp corn flour (if needed)
- Combine all of the ingredient into the pot of a 1.5lt slow cooker, leaving out 1/2 cheese and corn flour.
- Stir thoroughly and cook on high for 45 minutes, stirring two or three times further.
- Switch down to low and cook until the pasta is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed. If you find that the sauce it a bit runny, add the corn flour to a splash of water and mix it in.
- Sprinkle the last of the cheese over the top and let cook for a further half hour until the cheese on top is melted.
- Dish up and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think