Submitted by Paulene Christie
Loaded Cheese & Bacon Cob Loaf Pull Apart
- 1 x Crusty cob loaf (450g)
- 1 onion diced
- 200g diced bacon
- 2-4 cloves of garlic (vary to your taste preference - I used 4 because we love garlic)
- 25g + 100g butter
- 1/2 cup fine sliced shallots
- 130g + 100g grated tasty cheese
- Take cob loaf and make 5 cuts across the loaf. Cut almost down to the bottom but NOT all the way through.
- Turn loaf 90 degrees and make 3 more cuts in the opposite direction to the first 5. You'll then have a checkerboard type pattern of cuts.
- In a small fry pan cook onion, garlic and bacon in 25g butter for 5-10mins or until onion is translucent and bacon lightly cooked.
- Transfer this mixture to a bowl and add and stir through the shallots and the 130g grated cheese.
- Take two long sheets of aluminum foil (approx 60cm each) and lay them cross wise over each other on the bench to form an X shape and place the cob loaf in the middle of this X.
- Take the mixture and carefully spoon it into all the cuts of the cob loaf to fill them with mixture.
- Melt 100g butter in microwave and pour over and in the cracks of the cob loaf.
- Top with remaining 100g grated cheese.
- Wrap up both sides of foil to securely wrap the loaf.
- Place in a slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2hrs.
- Unwrap carefully as it will be hot. You may wish to brown in oven for a few minutes if you like but we don't bother to.
- Serve and pull apart chunks of loaf loaded with cheesy garlic and bacon filling.
- SOOOOOOO good and great for your next party or function - you'll be a hit if you arrive with this loaded loaf!
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think