Submitted by Lynn Hastie
Lemon Pepper Salmon Fillets
- 2 Salmon fillets (or more, depending on how many you are feeding, this recipe serves 2)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Fresh course ground black pepper to taste
- Sprinkling of cajun creole seasoning (optional, depending on how hot you like it)
- Grated zest of one lemon (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together and place in zip lock bag or container along with salmon.
- Cover and allow to marinate in fridge for no longer than 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, place salmon in slow cooker lined with baking paper.
- Cook on low for 2 to 3 hours, depending on your slow cooker.
- IMPORTANT NOTES:
- *DO NOT MARINATE FOR LONGER THAN 30 MINUTES.
- *YOU CAN USE THE LEFT OVER MARINADE AS A BASTE DURING COOKING, BUT BE SURE TO BRING IT TO A ROLLING BOIL FIRST BEFORE USING AS A BASTE.
- IF YOU DO NOT ADHERE TO THE ABOVE NOTES, YOU RUN THE RISK OF BACTERIA FORMING AND CAUSING ILLNESS.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!