Homestyle Smoky BBQ Sauce
Enjoy as a delicious sauce, or it's also amazing basted on your slow cooked ribs or chicken wings too!Cook in your 1.5L slow cooker 🙂
- 1.5 cups tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1/2 onion, grated fine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- Combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker
- Cover, putting tea towel under the lid. Cook on high for 2hrs then on low for 2hrs. Cooked in a 1.5L small cooker.
- Store in sealed container in fridge for up to 1 week
- To use the sauce as a cooking sauce for ribs, pour over ribs and cook on low for 6hrs, basting along the way for rich colour.
- To use the sauce as a cooking marinade for chicken wings, pour over sectioned wings and cook on low for 4hrs
Enjoy as a delicious sauce, or it’s also amazing basted on your slow cooked ribs or chicken wings too!
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think