Submitted by Cheryl Barrett
Easy Peasy Chow Mein
- 1kg Coles 5star mince
- 2x continental chow mein pkt mixes.
- 1 litre Chicken stock
- 2 x grated carrots
- 2 x diced onions
- 1 cup frozen peas corn capsicum * can replace with 1/4 finely shredded cabbage*
- 2 x beef rice a riso pkts (I can only find them at Coles)
- Salt and pepper
- Place mince (raw as very lean) carrot, onion (if using cabbage add) in slow cooker
- Stir until combined on high for 1 hr
- Add one pkt mix of rice made up with beef stock and both flavor sachets from beef rice a riso.
- I only used enough stock for one pkt of the rice a riso seasoning but used both seasonings.
- Cook on low for further 3 hrs adding rice and peas corn caps in last 30-40 mins with last chow mein pkt mix and stock
- I only used half the stock pkt said with last one
- Leave lid off on high till rice done 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!