Submitted by Melissa smith
- 2 onions diced,
- 2 carrots sliced,
- 6 buttons mushrooms sliced,
- 2/3 cup beer (5oz)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (2oz)
- 500g gravy beef (1lb) diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (1oz)
- 1 teaspoon fresh/dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon plain (all purpose) flour (1/2oz)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (optional)
- Place the vegetables, mushrooms, beer and 2 tablespoons (1oz) of the oil in the slow cooker
- Cook on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Add the meat, spoon over the tomato paste and tomato sauce
- If you choose to use it, then add the herbs.
- Season to taste and cook for 1 hour on HIGH.
- Reduce the heat to LOW and add the remaining oil and flour.
- Stir to combine all ingredients and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Remove the bay leaf and adjust the seasoning if necessary before serving.
- I have made this in a bigger portion, I doubled everything except the onion and mushroom and used 2 kilograms of gravy beef
- It then served 7 (with left overs).
- I serve with mashed potato and mashed pumpkin 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!