Submitted by Taylah neve
CREAMY THAI CHICKEN SOUP
- 1 tbsp oil
- 500g chicken thigh, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 375ml cans of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp thai fish sauce
- 1 zuchinni grated
- 100g sliced mushroom
- 2 chillis sliced
- 1 buk choy sliced
- Put the chicken stock in the slow cooker and add the chilli, put the slow cooker on low and leave for 10 minutes.
- Pan fry the chicken in the oil until brown.
- Drain the liquid in the pan.
- Add the onion and capsicum and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the curry paste, cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add your mixture to the chicken stock and chilli.
- Stir in cornflour.
- Add fish sauce & coconut milk, stir well and cook on low for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours add the buk choy, mushrooms and zuchinni.
- Cook for a further 2 hours on low.
- Serve how it is or with vermacelli noodles
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!