Submitted by Donna Monk
Coconut Brown Rice Pudding
- 6 oz long grain brown rice
- Skimmed milk + 1 tin reduced fat coconut milk, to make up 3 pints in total
- 1 tsp coconut essence
- A handful of dried fruit of your choice (I used sultanas, cherries and raisins)
- 1 tbsp sugar or *optional* 1 tbsp artificial sweetener.
- Put all ingredients, except the artificial sweetener, into slow cooker insert on a medium setting for around 2.5 hrs, then change to a low setting until cooked. Brown rice takes longer than white, so approx 3.5-4 hrs should do it.
- Once partially cooled add the artificial sweetener and stir well.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think