Submitted by Narelle Youngs
Sponge roll and apple pudding
- 300g sponge roll cut into 18 thin slices
- 2 tbl brown sugar
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbl white sugar
- choc chips
- extra white sugar
- Combine brown sugar and 1 tbl water in a medium frying pan over low heat. When sugar is dissolved, add apple slices, stir and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until apples are tender.
- Line the base of the SC with 6 slices of sponge roll, add half the cooked apple, sprinkle choc chips over. Repeat the layer and finish off with another layer of sponge roll.
- Place milk, vanilla, eggs, lemon zest, cinnamon and white sugar in a bowl and whisk well to combine. Carefully pour over sponge and apples. Sprinkle with extra white sugar. Cook on high for approx 3 hours until set.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think