Classic Chow Mein Mince – budget friendly!
A filling, easy to prepare and delicious to eat, chow mein mince meal!
- 5-6L slow cooker
- 1 kg beef mince
- 1 large onion, fine diced
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin sticks or fine diced
- 1 heaped tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tsp curry powder (I use Keens brand)
- 1.5 cups liquid beef stock
- 1/4 green cabbage, thin sliced/shredded
- 2 pkts Oriental flavoured 2min noodles (I use Maggi brand)
- Add all ingredients, except the 2min noodles, to the slow cooker. Mix gently to combine.
- Cook on low for 6hrs
- In the final 15mins of cooking take your 2 packets of noodles, break each in half and sit on top of the chow mein in slow cooker. Sprinkle flavour sachets over the noodles. Pour 200ml boiling water over noodles & push them down to submerge them into the meat mix & cover them.Come back after 15mins & mix them throughout the mixture to disperse.
- Serve with optional crusty buttered bread on the side or just on it's own.Curry taste in this dish is not spicy/hot, so all ages can enjoy this meal. If you prefer more bite, by all means add more for your family's tastes 🙂
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think