Submitted by Tara Astill.
Chocolate Mars & Mousse cake
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 mini Mars Bars
- 1 packet instant chocolate mousse
- prepare a 1.5lt slow cooker ( don't turn on til all ingredients are in sc)
- mix cake mix as per instructions.
- add oil to cake mix (unless cake mix already calls for oil, don't double up).
- spray sc insert with canola spray and add cake mix.
- chop mars bars into small pieces and sprinkle over cake mix.
- mix mousse as per instructions and dollop half the mix on top of the cake mix and mars pieces.
- cover sc with a tea towel and place lid on top.
- cook on high for 20 minutes then switch to low for 1 hr 40 mins or until cake is cooked through.
- when cooked, run a sharp knife around edges to loosen, place a plate on top of the insert and flip over.
- Serve hot with left over choc mousse and vanilla ice-cream.
- Be sure to rotate slow cooker if using a 1.5lt to avoid burning due to a hot spot. Rotate every half hour.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!