The kind of meal you dig into with a spoon and no one talks – it’s just yummy sounds all round!
Submitted by Simon Christie
The kind of meal you dig into with a spoon and no one talks - it’s just yummy sounds all round!
- 750g chicken thigh fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp chicken stock powder, reduced salt
- 1 x 420g can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Vegemite
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- Small handful fresh basil leaves, sliced (or approx 2tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp dry gravy powder to thicken
- 2 cups cooked small shell pasta, cooked to al dente before adding
- Combine chicken, onion & garlic in searing slow cooker (or on stovetop pan) & cook for 5-10mins to seal chicken and soften onion.
- Reduce to low slow cooker setting.
- Add stock, soup, Vegemite, basil, and green onion.
- Cook on low for 3hrs
- Then turn slow cooker up to high, add gravy powder and stir through. Add pasta and cook for additional 15mins before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!