Submitted by Katie Groom
Caramel magic custard cake
- 4 eggs - seperated
- 1/2 cup butter - melted
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 3/4 cup plain all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 heaped tablespoons slow cooked condensed milk caramel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Extra caramel to spread on top
- Extra icing sugar to soft over top
- Line your slow cooker with baking paper or line a cake tin and place in slow cooker.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, whisk egg yolks and sugars together until pale in colour and creamy then add in cooled melted butter until combined.
- Sift in flour and whisk on low slowly adding milk until combined and lump free. Add in caramel and vanilla and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg whites to soft peaks.
- Combine egg yolk mix and egg whites.
- Place in to slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours with a tea towel under the lid. (Check after 1.5 hours depending on your cooker)
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think