Submitted by Jaydde Blaxland
Best Beef Massaman Curry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 kg gravy beef or chuck steak, trimmed, cut into large peices
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 375g massaman curry paste (I used Valcom)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup Campbell's Real Stock Beef
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 3 cm peices
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 star anise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cube palm sugar, cut finely
- Parsley to garnish
- Peanuts to garnish
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Combine beef and flour, toss until coated. Add beef. Cook, stirring constantly, until evenly browned. Remove.
- Add Beef, coconut milk, coconut cream, stock, potatoes, onion, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, star anise and curry paste, to slow cooker. Stir to combine. Place on low for 6-8 hours, depending on cooker ( I have a Kambrook 6l and it takes 7 hours)
- One hour before end of cooking time, add the fish sauce, lime juice and palm sugar.
- Serve with coconut rice. Garnish with parsley and peanuts.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!