Submitted by Wendy McGinnes
Beef and "McGinnes" stew
- 1kg beef topside (or any other diced beef)
- 3 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 red onions
- 3 celery stalks
- 4 garlic bulbs
- 8 button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 350mL beef stock
- 1.5 cans Guinness
- 40g tub of tomato paste
- Handful and a half of fresh torn mint
- Some thyme sprigs
- 1 cup of frozen peas added towards end of cooking
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker
- Low for 8 hours.....
- Makes awesome pot pies, or just as a stew.
- Can leave out the potatoes if wanted to make a mash layer in the pies. Works well....
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think