Submitted by Kellie New
Basil & Feta meatballs in Tomato & Balsamic sauce
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1 jar of pasta sauce (I used Dolmio tomato, onion & garlic)
- 2 onions diced
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- Approx 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Approx 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- Handful of basil
- Salt, pepper to taste
- I also added around 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1kg mince
- Packet of French onion soup mix
- 1 red onion
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 packet of feta cheese (small chunks)
- Handful of basil & parsley
- For the sauce: sautee onion & garlic in a saucepan for 2 minutes then add all other ingredients. Bring to boil and then let simmer for around five minutes.
- For the meatballs: combine all ingredients. Make meatballs and then roll in flour.
- Place meatballs in the slow cooker then cover with the sauce.
- Cook on low for 4 hours. Do not stir as the meatballs will break.
- I served with fettuccine fresh basil & Parmesan for garnish
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!