Baked Rice Custard
Delish rice and creamy baked custard straight from your slow cooker to your dessert bowl!
- 5 ltr slow cooker
- Oven proof casserole style dish that fits in your slow cooker (Approx 2-3L)
- 1/2 cup washed rice
- 6 eggs
- 750 mls milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar or to your taste .
- Put rice on the bottom of your dish
- Mix together the eggs , milk , vanilla and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the mixture gently over the rice then sprinkled nutmeg on top.
- Sit the dish on a rack/trivet inside the slow cooker and pour cold water up to the rim of the dish
- Cook with Tea Towel Trick in place on low for 4 hours 😋😋
- Note: If rice isn't tender you can cook for longer as some slow cookers do vary. Alternatively, if you have leftover cooked rice that can be used also instead of raw
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think