Submitted by Renee
Xmas Fruit Cake
- 1kg mixed fruit ( sunbeam brand )
- 185g butter ( not marg )
- 1/3 cup rum
- 1/3 cup water
- 100gr slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice ( or to your taste )
- 1.5 Tbl golden syrup
- 165g firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs ( lightly whisked )
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
Put all the fruit and spice in a bowl and soak with rum and water over night
- Melt golden syrup, butter and sugar in a saucepan and over low heat, stirring.
- (Allow to cool)
- Stir eggs into fruit mix
- Sift dry ingredients into mix.
- Pour cooled golden syrup, butter and sugar into mix.
- Combine well.
- Pour into greased slow cooker
- Set cooker on LOW for 3.5 to 4 hours
- Allow to cool in bowl and it will turn out so easily.
- HAPPY BAKING 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!