Submitted by Paulene Christie
3 Ingredient Christmas Fruit Cake - CUPCAKE SIZE
- 750gm dried mixed fruit
- 560ml of milk iced coffee drink *see notes*
- 2 cups SR Flour
- These are using our existing popular 3 ingredient fruit cake recipes but scaling them down to cupcake sizes for those who keep asking 🙂
- Combine fruit and iced coffee in a bowl in fridge overnight - for 12hrs minimum
- After soaking time has completed, add flour to the soaked fruit and stir to combine well
- Divide this cake mix into 24 silicone cupcake cases
- Cook on high for 2.5hrs with tea towel trick in place
- Serve hot with a dollop of melting butter, serve hot or cold as a pudding dessert for Christmas or serve as individual cakes - however you prefer to enjoy them - but you will enjoy these yummy treats for sure!
- I used 2 x 375gm boxes of good quality fruit (Sunbeam brand)
- I used my favourite iced coffee milk drink but you can swap fluids of same volume for juices, chocolate milk or alcohol additions - just keep to total fluid of 560mls
- I cooked in a 7L searing slow cooker. It has a metal bowl so I placed the silicone cases directly onto slow cooker bottom. If using a ceramic style slow cooker bowl sit them in a cm of shallow water first to avoid dry cooking the bowl but take note this will slightly increase cooking time to allow for water to heat also.
- I cooked 2 batches of 12. The second batch will cook slightly faster since the cooker is already hot so just keep an eye on the second cook for time.
- I will store these in the fridge and consume within a few days, or freeze wrapped cakes individually
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!