Submitted by Paulene Christie
Sweet Lamb Curry
- 1kg diced lamb (I had a butcher debone and dice a leg piece of lamb)
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 small green granny smith cooking apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup beef stock liquid
- 1/2 cup fruit chutney
- Cornflour to thicken
- Place all ingredients (except cornflour) into slow cooker
- Cook on HIGH for 2hrs then LOW for 3hrs (which is the same as 5hrs on auto)
- This dish would be ok cooked longer on just low also if you are not there to change it or wish it to cook all day
- 1/2 hr prior to serving, mix 2-3 tbsp cornflour with 1 tbsp water to form a paste and stir through dish. Leave lid slightly ajar for that last half hour to thicken.
- Serve with creamy mashed potato or rice and crusty bread rolls.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!