Submitted by Paulene Christie
Toad in the Hole – Egg style
- 1 thick slice of sourdough bread per egg
- Fresh chives to garnish
- Cracked black pepper
- *optional* serve with bacon and tomato
- Cut thick slices of sourdough bread
- Use a scone cutter or glass to cut out a circle from the centre of each slice
- Butter bread if you choose to - or not if you prefer
- Turn slow cooker onto high and line with baking paper. Spray paper lightly with non stick cooking spray
- Lay each piece of bread onto baking paper (butter side down if using butter) and gently crack an egg into each hole
- Use teatowel under lid
- Cook on high for 30mins.
- *I served mine with grilled streaky bacon and fresh tomato*
- *Also great wrapped up in foil for an easy to grab breakfast for hubby or the kids heading off to work or school*
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!