Submitted by Jessie Hooper
Lemon Butter / Lemon Curd
- ~ This ingredients List is Doubled ~ :
- 8 Eggs (whisked)
- 1 1/2 Cups of White Sugar
- 3-4 Teaspoons Finely grated Lemon Rind
- 1 Cup of Lemon Juice ( = about 7-8 lemons)
- 250g Butter
- Grate the lemon Rind first then cut and juice the lemons ( make sure there are no pips! ).
- Crack 8 eggs into a bowl and whisk them.
- Pour ALL ingredients into the slow cooker
- Turn on High and constantly keep stirring until the Butter has completely melted.
- Once melted, turn slow cooker onto Low with a Tea Towel under the lid and leave for 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until fairly thick.
- Stir every 20 minutes or so
- Once Lemon Butter is done, take the jars out of the oven and pour it in and put on the lid.
Let the jars COOL on the bench first - DO NOT put straight into the fridge or they will crack/explode.
- Once completely cool, put into fridge and you're all done!!
- Get some jars (about 3-4 for this recipe) wash them in boiling water, dry them, and put them in the oven at 100C for 10 minutes.
- The lids of the jars you put in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes not in the oven
- Make sure this is the 10 minutes before serving so that the jars are still very hot when your pour in the Lemon Butter.
- You can put Lemon Butter on anything like Toast, cakes, muffins, bread or just eat it out of the jar!
- Good Luck everyone! Hope you enjoy giving it a go!!
(Remember this recipe is doubled, so just half all ingredients if you're wanting to do the single recipe)
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think